Cop who killed Michael Brown started his career at disgraced unit that was DISBANDED over racial tensions - after officers opened fire on fleeing mother and child and beat up another woman
Darren Wilson was a rookie cop in Jennings, Missouri.
The small city had a majority of black citizens but an almost completely white police force.
The entire department was dismissed amid allegations of racial prejudice, unnecessary use of force lawsuits and corruption.
the fact that this is coming from THE DAILY MAIL is astounding
Fun shark attack facts:
- In 1996, toilets injured 43,000 Americans a year. Sharks injured 13.
- In 1996, 2,600 Americans were injured by room fresheners. Sharks injured 13.
- In 1996, buckets and pails injured almost 11,000 Americans. Sharks injured 13.
- For every human killed by a shark, humans kill approximately two million sharks.
- Humans are assholes.
- Sharks are not assholes.
- Apparently everyone in 1996 lived in a real-life infomercial.
the anti vaccination movement basically consists of random people with no knowledge of medicine going “I can medicine better than doctors” and it would be hilarious if it wasn’t literally killing people
you dont need vaccines, I havent had any and Im still doing great
wow, what a compelling argument. you’ve got me
in other news, i am still alive therefore death must be a myth
Anonymous said: Why are you so angry about JLaw's nudes being leaked? I thought you didn't like her.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
Jon Stewart, The Daily Show, 2014-08-26, “Race/Off” [alternate link here]
Jon was FINALLY back last night, and hit it out of the freakin park with this Ferguson segment.
Via Hungry munches
A tiger walks into a liquor store…there’s no punchline here.
Is that… a frisbee?
He just wants to play catch
What I love is that it obviously takes the person at the counter a few seconds to process that that is in fact a tiger.
Like, you kinda see their brain going “dog, nope, cat, big cat, big cat with stripes, SHIT, tiger!!!”
And the two people who go dashing out with the distinctive “I have just encountered an unexpected tiger SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT” run.
- Men's Rights Activists:
- Black Men:
- Gay Men:
- Trans Men:
- Men's Rights Activist:
- Men's Right Activist:
this guy was watching the vmas with me and now he’s educating himself how precious is that
he keeps asking me all these questions about aspects of feminism and he’s like “so basically it’s about letting women do what they want without being judged for it” and I was like yea and he was like “oh okay that’s so simple why isn’t everyone a feminist” it’s precious
update: I banged him
standing next to sunflowers always makes me feel weak like “look at this fucking flower. this flower is taller than i am. this flower is winning and i’m losing”
Wow you are not ready to hear about trees.
An important point to distinguish…
Very, very important distinction. And the church (or any house of worship or religious tradition part) is entirely optional and very common to just skip it completely. Religion has nothing to do with marriage unless the couple wanting to be married wants it to. It is by no means necessary, nor does it matter which religion does it.
Marriage is a legal status. You can get married by a judge at a courthouse, like my parents did. Religious doctrine has no status to make any decisions about what is and is not a valid legal marriage.