Why can’t more people think like John Green?
this is probably my favorite john green quotation ever.
I LOVE JOHN GREEN
Via Mutant Generation
When my absence doesn’t alter your life, then my presence has no meaning in it.– (via hellcantbeworse)
(Source: hopeinspiresme)Via Absolute Zero
A GUY WAS STARING AT ME THROUGH THE CAR WINDOW MAKING THE MOST DISGUSTED FACE EVER BC HE SAW MY ARMPITS SO I DECIDED TO TAKE THIS SELFIE IN THE MOMENT OF IT
It’s just seems strange that some one would put so much effort into having nice makeup, which is a long frustrating process, but won’t put in the effort to spare 30 seconds in the shower shaving the pits.
Can we just appreciate that instead of retaliating, this person is trying to cheer up these people who are obviously having a hard time?
If you take a young man and woman and they both tell a stranger that they work in the same restaurant, it’s very likely that they will assume that the woman is the waitress, and the young man a cook.
But I thought a woman’s place was in the kitchen? Not when she’s being paid for it. I can’t believe it took me this long to realize the implication of this. A woman’s place is one of servitude.
this fucking hit me like a fucking train
Small Pets Are Not Toys
- Never buy an animal on impulse. You are toying with life.
- Store bought cages are very, very rarely large enough for your pet
- Never give a small pet to a child as a gift.
- Never leave a small child alone with a small pet.
- Fish do not belong in fish bowls.
- rabbits do not belong in cages.
- store bought bird cages are too small for any bird larger than a finch.
- chinchillas and rabbits live from 8 to 14 years.
- Some reptiles will only eat live feed. Are you prepared for that?
- Small rodents and rabbits can die of heart attacks when scared. Do you have a quiet home for your new pet?
- adopt when possible.
People that think they are going to be magically independent when they become 18.
those nerds in high school who run like this
in my middle school there was a boy who wanted to be called Sasuke Uchiha and he wore a Sasuke cosplay to school everyday and one day he did this run down the stairs and broke his arm and apparently he told the principle it was the ‘Naruto run’ and then we were all banned from wearing Naruto headbands and doing this run and Naruto was put down as gang activity at our school
- Boys, on average, spend two fewer hours doing household chores per week than girls do (they play two hours more).
- If they live in households where children are compensated for doing chores, boys make and save more money.
- A 2009 study conducted by University of Michigan economists found a two-hour gender disparity in responsibilities per week in a study of 3,000 kids.
- 75 percent of girls had chores, while just 65 percent of boys do
- This disparity in chores and free time continues into adulthood all over the world. According to the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), men “report spending more time in activities counted as leisure than women. Gender differences in leisure time are wide across OECD countries.”
- Year after year, studies repeatedly confirm these patterns.
- The problems women face with unequal pay and housework duties actually start in childhood.
- The fact that boys’ chores appear to be more profitable makes the childhood chore gap even more disturbing. Turns out, parents tend to value the work that boys do more.
- Gender stereotypes dictate these patterns.
- men who grow up with sisters do less housework than their spouses and are also significantly more socially conservative.
Just had to bold that bottom point there because of the amount of misogynists who claim that because they have women in their family, they can’t POSSIBLY be sexist ever.
oh my fucking god
I vividly remember all the families in my church where the grade-school boys were goofing off with toys and the girls were being handed younger babies and turned into babysitters.Boys got to be boys, but girls had to be Moms.
Really, it ‘s a serious drag that even little girls today could answer #WithoutTheWageGapIWould
teacher: hey you are failing your classes idiot
student: you know what teach? i dont give a swag *walks out*
that student.. as you may have already guessed.. was albert einstein
um..i think you made this up for notes?
first of all, how dare you